Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week 5 Learning

Dear All,

We are passing another tremendous week. This week I fell in a puzzling condition as I had time constraint. But at last I have managed time. At the beginning of the week we have been introduced with our guest Moderator Rick Rosenberg. There was lots of good argument in this week. Project Based learning (PBL) or WebQuest.  It is clearly deciphered by Susan Gaer in her article Less teaching more learning. Farah has rightly summarized “Our finalities as teachers are changing our students from passive learners towards autonomous learners . PBL or webquest is a tool that allows students to go to the target information, analyze it and exploit it for their needs . As we are teaching our students to be autonomous , we must teach ourselves how to monitor , guide and help them for the better use of technology . This is also a life-long learning process.”

PBL is very important to engage our learners. They can develop their thought, ideas through PBL. They also run with their own pace.

It seems to me that I will not able to create WebQuest. But in Zonal I have successfully logged in and are developing a webquest. Essential parts of  a web quest has helped me to begin.  The title of my web quest  is phoenix. I am keeping in my mind that I am trying to develop my participants’ writing skills. I want to give scope to develop their pronunciation skills too.

Andreja, Hassina and Nina agreed that in lot of countries students are still passive recipients of teacher's input. I think PBL and WebQuest may the solution for eradicating this age old stigma.

Implementing a project based change is a great issue for this week. Describing a potential change is challenging but at the same end it was rewarding too.
Thank you, 
Mahamud

No comments:

Post a Comment