Saturday, February 6, 2010

Learning fromWeek 4

Dear All,
We are going ahead under tremendous pressure. I don't know whether thread has become threat or not. Its very interesting to switch over in the middle of the week. Raising issue for using technology, technology enhanced lesson plan, lesson plan (optional), Discussions on article, Recommendations for multi- skills websites are really interesting for in depth learning. At the beginning I started to grope but soon after my brain has started to work. I taught teachers, teacher trainer for more than 10 years, but I never used technology enhanced lesson plan. In Bangladeshi context, it will take time even though we have to start.
I think our teacher trainers have problem with authentic writing. I want to guide them in developing their writing skill using technology. I think our teachers will be benefited out of it.
There are three articles which lead me to learn about the use of technology. E-mail is a great tool to keep us in touch. Uning technology to assist in vocabulary acquisition and reading comprehension has helped me to learn the benefite of CALL for vocabs acquition and reading comprehension.

What interesting to me, when I read the articles, I find that I know what the writers are saying. But the problem is that my ideas are not organised. I have got organised ideas from Jerek Krajka's writing for using the internet.

For my teacher trainers, E-mail is an unique tool to communicate. I have got a clear ideas from Chao-Chih-Liao's article on it. My course mate Raphael has referred many sites in order to promote values or students awareness to environmental issues which was agreed upon by Udan. As per Raphael's suggestion I visited some of the sites including the following one.
1. http://www.manythings.org/
Zlatka examined the different websites at www.manythings.com and her attention was captured by a video titled "8 Ways to Say Thank You" at http://www.manythings.org/b/e/4222 in the category of Culture. I found interest in it greatly. I think our teacher trainers will gtet useful tip for thnking someone.
Most important is that writing ABCD objective for each of the category. I always find it difficult to write objective.
I am happy that Leslie who is known to me earlier through her book has shared directly with me. This is unique iopportunity to receive her feedback.
Sandra, I think is always helpful.

Thanks to my all fellow mate who helped me when I fall in quagmire.

Many thanks,

Mahamud

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mahmud,
    Its true... the pressure to complete tasks has risen. After Leslie's entry as failitator, we are constantly kept on our toes (I hope Leslie is reading this). We share common experience so far as lesson plans with technology is concerned. We also do not have technology enabled language learning in lesson plan. All attempts made by teachers or institutes are isolated cases... its not internalised as system.
    Yes, the articels on email and interent are very useful for us.
    Dilip (India)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mahamud,
    I liked your sentence “I don't know whether thread has become threat or not”. I agree with you as weeks pass by, we can face some challanges.
    In your post you mentioned about your teacher trainers’ having difficulty with authentic writing. I wonder do you mean your teachers have the problem of writing authentic materials. If so, I totally agree with them. Preparing authentic material which suits the level of students is very difficult especially if your students are elementary or pre-intermediate level. It seems almost impossible to prepare an authentic text in particular learning context, with particular learning aims that fits the learning purpose. Just a suggestion if you accept you can also train your teachers how to adapt authentic materials. If you want I can give you some useful tips.

    Best Regards,
    Gülsen

    ReplyDelete