Saturday, January 30, 2010

This week's gaining

Dear All,
Creating own page at Delicious has given me scope to save the pages online.

We in Bangladesh treat English as a foreign language. Before 1971 independence war, we were the part of Pakistan. the position of English was then second language.
We are monolingual country. Bangla is the main language besides local dialects. Moreover in the exam system, there is no provision for testing listening and speaking. Students don't feel urge to learn it. But some students who aspires to do better in life learn English. They practice listening and speaking.
In my teacher training, we try to give idea to the teachers that though there is no listening and speaking test, you have to prepare your learners to face the real life. More CLT requires it

I think as I have got specific ideas for using technology in teaching, I will be able to motivate them than before.

I am more powerful because now I specifically know which sites are useful in my teaching.
Making comments on course mates' sites is a good practice. Because in a nutshell, I can get my colleague's view.

Mahamud
Bangladesh

No comments:

Post a Comment