Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 2

Dear All,
I was trying to learn about the ideas on writing objectives specially following A.B.C.D. method. I noticed that the well-written model objectives are very hard for me. I don't know when it would be easier to me. Moreover notes given below examples made me more confused. I have also gone to Planning for Instruction and found Revised Bloom's Taxonomy there.
I think at last I have got hope to progress because of clear classification. I am trying to grab the words for each classification.
It is to mention that I wrote an objective for a class but the verb I used is not given in any of the learning levels.
Even though I think I should not give up hope.
Will any one of you will help me?
Thanks.
Md. Mahamud Hasan

4 comments:

  1. Dear Md. Mahamud Hasan,

    after trying to submit document regarding an associate degree program we want to launch in our language school, our Misnistry of Education made us (me and my curricular developer partners) re-write everything in Bloom's terms. And it was a pain-staking and time-consuming task. If the "verb" is not part of the taxonomy, at least here in Costa Rica, it needs to be corrected if it is public document. But I believe that if it is for our personal teaching purposes, perhaps we can be a bit flexible.

    If I had been given this information provided by Ms.Healey and Ms. Jeffs about objective writing, my life would have been a rose garden a year ago. But things happen for a reson, and I guess I was not meant to know that information when writing the course objectives for the associate degree program course outlines.

    And please, don't give up. Although I don't consider myself that "systematic," as you called me in our conferencing room on nicenet.org, I have to tell you that this way of writing objectives takes time to swallowed and digested.

    Best regards from Costa Rica

    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jonathon,
    I am happy that you have visited my site. Many thanks for sharing from your own experience and giving optimistic views. I will try to follow.

    Kind regards,
    Mahamud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Mahamud

    While reading your comments on the blog and Jonathan's comment I smiled as I recalled the similar difficulties I went through last year when we had our programmmes accredited by the Ministry of Education of Georgia.

    I would liek to join my voice to Jonathan's . If I had been given this kind of guidance last year, my life would have been 'a bed of roses'(as Jonathan says) instead of a nighmare it surely was.

    However, better late than never! Hold up your heads and remember that the difficulties discussed by all of us here, confirm once again that we are lucky to participate in this course.
    Manana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mahamud Bhai
    Great work you are doing! It is really good idea to develop writing using technology. Keep continued.
    Musadderul

    ReplyDelete