Saturday, January 23, 2010

Week- 2 learning

Dear All,
This week I have learnt a lot. I think this is a very challenging week so far. Lots of work. But very effective week for gathering new ideas on web.
I learnt how to write objectives specially ABCD objective and how to use Noodletools for finding the best search in my need.
Noodletools helps me a lot to get the reliable and necessary material for my teaching.
Explaining the real class, which we now deal is a wonderful opportunity to share with the people who are technologically advanced. I think many of them can't even imagine how much we are legging behind.
I am very happy to be a part of this course as I am getting scope to share my discussion on a particular point and also receive discussion from many learned colleagues serving around the world.
Digital bloom's technology, clear difference between product and process writing, importance of lesson plan, ABCD method's degree part, planning for instruction , Revised Bloom's technology, typical problems encountered when writing objectives are the learning for the week so far for me.
I am very happy that one of participants in the workshop namely Beauty Queen's writing has been published in the today's "The New Nation" daily. It is published from Dhaka, Bangladesh. She wrote on "What is language game for?". I invite you all to read her writing on http://www.ittefaq.com/issues/2010/01/24/news0082.htm.
I know it might not be 100% perfect but it is a good breakthrough.

I would like to thank you all who have given your valuable comment on my objective.
I would definitely thank my teacher Dear Sandra and Deborah for their continuous support and encouragement.

Thanks,

Mahamud

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mahamud,

    I agree that this has been a very busy week and very useful as well. In such a short time we have learned a lot of important things. The discussions of our colleagues are valuable, and we learn a little bit from everyone. This course is giving us a wonderful opportunity not only to enrich our knowledge of using technology in our classrooms, but also to share our ideas, to learn about other teachers' experiences and to hear different points of view.

    All the best,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mahamud,
    Uploading video to YouTube is very easy. First, you have to subscribe to YouTube and then on the right you'll see upload button. Click on "Upload" and choose a video file from your computer. That's all. By the way, I am very glad that you watched my students' performances. Thank you very much. If you want to vote, you can choose three of your favourites and click on the favourite button on the videos. Favourite button is at the bottom of the videos.

    Best Wishes,
    Gülsen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mahamud,

    You see, in an earlier post this week you expressed your doubts as to whether you will be able to write the objectives. Just a few days later you have produced an objective you are proud of, as it is a result of trying hard, learning and collaborating.

    I liked one sentence from the text the link to which you included into your post:
    'Our target should be set to teach English for pleasure not for creating pressure'. It is the same in this course - we are of course not (primarily)improving our English here. Yet, much as we feel under pressure of the unknown when we are doing our tasks, we should also see the beauty of the things we are invited to do.

    Best regards,

    Andreja

    ReplyDelete