Sunday, March 7, 2010

Delicious

 Dear All,
Time and tide wait for none. I have forgotten when at first I  learnt  this proverb. Yes my dear friends course is on the verge of ending. Bengali poet Mustaba Ali wrote in Bangla "Ruti  mod furia gabe, Priyar Kalo choke golate hoyee acheba,   Kinto akkhana boi, Annanta Joubana, Jodi Temon Boi Hoi". If I translate it in English it will draftly stand like " Bread and wine will be ended, Eyes of the dearest will be faded way, But a book remains, Eternal young, if it is that type of book". Syed Mustaba Ali in his life time didn't get scope to use Internet let alone Delicious. I think if he knew it, he would have written the poem differently. He would have written " But Delicious will remain with its eternal vigor ensuring opportunity to visit the books from anywhere."
Dear friends, from this course I have learnt many things  that can not be measured. My reading habit has increased manifold.
In our country, I am sure that people can't imagine of  learning that is possible in interactive way. In my case I noticed that I have got most of the ideas from my other course mates. Win win stuation. Nobody is losing in this kingship. Haa haa haa!!!
I am quoting here a popular Bangla song "Aamra sabai Raja, Ameder e Rajar Rajotta" In English it may roughly be translated as " We all are king, We all are king in our king's kingship".
Nobel Laureate Bengali poet Rabindra Nath Tagore wrote" Anek kotha jai je bala-------". In English " Many words can be told-----"
Thank you,
Mahamud

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mahamud,

    Thank you for sharing the quotes. I especially liked your updating of Syed Mustaba Ali's! I'm not sure he'd really have said that, but it provides a wonderful mental picture.

    As you've noted, the course is set up so that Sandra and I create a learning space, and the participants learn from each other. We deliberately have a low profile in order to encourage that type of learning community to emerge. We've been very lucky with our great participants. I hope you will be able to establish the same kind of learning community in your classes.

    Yours,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear All,
    I would like to thank our honorable teacher Dear Deborah for reading my blog and giving valuable and useful suggestions. She is very right that the first quote is not written by Syed Mustaba Ali. Actually he cited the quote in one of his writing from Persian writer Omar Khayyam's (If I am not wrong again) . I read Syed Mustaba Ali's writing many days before.
    I hope that all of you will forgive me for this unexpected mistake which might cause inconvenience to some of you who, taking your pain, have visited my blog.

    Best regards,
    Mahamud

    ReplyDelete