Thursday, March 11, 2010

This Week's recipies

Dear All,
Hot potato week. This week I have got an advantage. I created a class "Promoting writing skill through web". Accordingly I have assigned same tasks to my learners. Moreover seeing the prospects, authority decides to do a pilot project with seconday school teachers especially in the 10 schools where computer with broadband internet connectivity is given from our CAL programme.
Already I told to my participants to open their blog. Accordingly most of my learners have created their blog which I have put in the wiki page.

Hot potato is guiding me to create a website free of cost. I didn't know how to transform normal pages into web pages. Now I know it.
Online exercises will help us to produce new materails. Our Government has introduced creative questions for assessment. I think question setters can get unique sources for creative questions which they find most difficult.

It is to say that learner autonomy can be ensured by using online tools.
I think like us if my participants use Nicenet, blogger and wiki, their endeavour to develop language proficiency will see a great success.

I have received feedback from my peer Ahmed for my project. Keeping his suggestion in mind, I am trying to develop my project. I am still working on it keeping the deadline 14th.
Thank you,
Mahamud

5 comments:

  1. Dear Mahamud,

    It is so nice that you have already started implementing the knowledge you have gained in this course. It is good that the educational authorities in your country have agreed to start a pilot project, so that you can disseminate this knowledge to other teachers who can also learn how to use technology with their students. That's how things begin to develop, little by little until the final goal is reached. But it requires an enthusiastic person to start it off.

    Good luck with the project.
    Best regards,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mahamud,

    It's a pleasure to read your blog. I see that we got the same kind of experience and problems.
    I also enjoyed a lot using Hot Potatoes which, as you mentioned, is great because it is free and this is I think very important for most of us.
    I aslo immediately tried the exercise I prepared with the Hot Potatoes in our laboratory and it was really successful eventhough quiet tricky for my students because it was a cloze. They found out that they still had a lot to learn and that by practicing regularly on the internet they could improve totally.
    I also got the same problem to publish my Hot Potatoes exercise on the interent, but thanks to Nina who gave me the tip, I succeeded.
    See you soon.

    Raphaël

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mahamud,

    I also have to congratulate you for the prompt implementation of recently-acquired knowledge through the Building Teaching Skills W2010 course. I have to second Nina in this regard.

    And as Raphaël points out, there is this nice feeling when something that has been created and then tested in class works and suits our needs.

    Congratulations from far-away Costa Rica,

    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mohammad,

    Congratulations for tou new site to develop the writing skills. I am too developing a blog to motivate my students to learn. I agree that this week was very special. HotPotato is a great tool as well as all the other interactive websited we learned about this week.

    Learner autonomy is the ultimate outcome if we find the best practice to integrate technology into our teaching.

    I wish you the very best.

    Ahmad Amer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mahamud,
    It seems you the first participant to put most of the learning into practice. May be there are many like me who used something of the learing in practice.... but you seems to put the whole of the lesson into practical experiment.
    Wish you all the best for success. Hotpotatoes are very sweet and delicious. Isn't it?
    Dilip (India)

    ReplyDelete