Saturday, March 6, 2010

Week 8

Dear all,

What an exciting week!!! After reading all the posting I became puzzled of learner autonomy. Dear Sandra has given me suitable solution.
What Is Learner Autonomy and How Can It Be Fostered? by Dimitrios Thanasoulas, 
Learner Autonomy: Bird-in-the-hand or Bird-in-the-bush? by Samuel Sheu which looks at the difficulties in encouraging learner autonomy in Taiwan's highly constrained educational system & Interconnections: Learner Autonomy Teacher Autonomy interview have helped me to visualize the total conception of autonomy, scopes and challenges of autonomy.
This week we have got a guest moderator  Jeff Magota. His views helped me to write one computer class room's lesson. I don't know how far it has been. I have tried to search on different sites for developing the lesson.
This week' burning task is to submit draft project to my peer Ahmed for his valuable comment. I will post it by tomorrow Bangladesh time.
Thank you,
Mahamud



.

3 comments:

  1. Mahamud,

    I found this two other articles on autonomous learning that helped me get a good grasp of the subject-matter. Take a look at them and see if they are useful.

    The first one was written by David Little and gives you the steps to attain learner autonomy.

    http://www.ecml.at/mtp2/ELP_TT/ELP_TT_CDROM/DM_layout/00_10/06/06%20Supplementary%20text.pdf

    This second link will take you to explore the role of the instructor in this process.

    http://www.joe.org/joe/1991spring/fut1.php

    Good luck with your project!

    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Md. Mahamud.
    More than giving the fish I insist on teaching them how to fish. I am strongly convinced of it, because as a mother of a girl and a boy I have learnt about different characters, different ways to see life. In my culture boys are more dependent than girls and mothers play an important role on how the kids get autonomy and independence. In a "machista" society the tendency is to protect boys more than girls and it has a great influence in autonomy.

    My experience with boys and girls is very similar in classes. Boys seem to be more dependent than girls and they reflect that in their language learning styles.
    Best wishes,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete